Our light laboratory has the latest light measurement technology available for you in accordance with CIE requirements. The measuring devices are specially designed for the light measurement of LEDs. A check of data sheet values for the measurement of LEDs is possible in pulse mode. In addition, LEDs from different manufacturers can be compared. In addition, LED modules and luminaires can also be measured by us via an external partner.
For LEDs, we can measure and evaluate the following parameters during light measurement:
Measurement from UV (350nm), via visible, to IR (1100nm) LEDs.
- Luminous flux
Measured in lumen (lm), determines the brightness of a light source in a 3-dimensioned room.
- Luminous intensity
Luminous flux/dihedral angle, measured in a candela (cd), indicates how bright a light source illuminates in a certain direction.
Luminous flux/Area, measured in LUX (lx) determines how bright an area is illuminated.
- CRI | TM30
Color rendering index describing the quality of color reproduction of light sources of the same correlated color temperature.
- Colour temperature
CCT / Measured in Kelvin, gives the color impression of the light again from cold white to warm white
- Chromaticity coordinate
x, y coordinates determine the position of the color temperature in the CIE -XYZ color space
The wavelengths of visible light, lies between 380nm and 780nm.
Weighted distribution of light over the wavelength range of the total electromagnetic radiation
- Photosynthetic Photon Flux (PPF)
Measures the number of photons emitted per second that can be used by plants for photosynthesis.
Spectral light distribution
For UV LEDs, the following parameters can also be measured and evaluated by us:
Measurement from UV (200nm), via visible, to IR (1100nm) LEDs.
- Wavelength (nm)
The measuring range includes the UV range from 200nmand extends into the IR range up to 1.100nm.
Spectral software for colorimetry, radiometric and effect measurements.
Measures the transmittance of a medium for light waves as well as its reflected light waves.
For LED modules and luminaires, we can perform the following light measurements via an external partner:
Measurement from 200nm to 3000nm
- Photometric measurements on LED modules and luminaires
- Luminous flux measurements on LED modules and luminaires
- Creation of 3D luminous intensity distributions (LVK) Formats: LDT/IES
- Conversion of photometric data formats: LDT/IES
- Determination of gross/net luminous fluxes of LED luminaires
- Determination of various photometric parameters such as: Luminous efficacy, efficiency, UGR values, luminance, luminous intensity, beam angle, zonal luminous flux, most similar color temperature (CCT), color coordinates, color rendering index (CRI).
- Temperature-dependent measurement of photometric and colorimetric parameters on LED modules
- Measurement of spatial luminous intensity distribution according to EN 13032 and LM-79-08
- Measurement of absolute luminous fluxes according to EN 13032
- Determination of the energy efficiency class of lamps and luminaires in terms of the Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC, VO 1194/2012 and VO 874/2012
- Measurement of spectral light distribution 380 - 800nm
- Testing of photobiological safety according to DIN EN 62471
- Spectral measurements in the range 200 - 3000nm
- Radiance measurements
- Measurement of Photosynthetically Active Radiation 400-700nm in Plant Light (PAR, PPF, PPFD)
- Irradiance measurements
- Emission (interference emission)
- Immunity (interference resistance)
- Determination of flicker frequency, flicker percentage, flicker index on LED modules and luminaires